Canesten Fungal Nail Treament Set
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set is a 2-phase treatment for fungal nail infections.
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set Contains a Complete 6-7 Week Treatment for Fungal Nail Infections
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set is a product used to treat fungal infections (onychomycosis) of the fingernail(s) and toenail(s) affecting up to 3 nails and affecting the upper half or sides of the nail. A fungal nail infection is likely to result in discoloured (white, yellow or brown), thick/rough or brittle nail, although appearance can vary considerably.
The Canesten Urea ointment contains the active substance urea, which softens the infected nail. The Canesten Bifonazole cream contains the active substance bifonazole, which belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles. Imidazoles are anti-fungals for the treatment of fungal infections.
Directions: 2-phase treatment for fungal nail infections.
Phase One: Weeks 1-3
- Soften the infected part of the nail by applying Canesten Urea Ointment then gently remove with plastic scraper
- Soak the affected nail in warm water for 10mins. Dry thoroughly
- Apply Urea Ointment to the infected part of the nail
- Cover affected nail(s) with a plaster. Leave on for 24hrs
- Remove the plaster and soak for 10min in warm water. Dry thoroughly
- Use the scraper to gently scrape away only the infected parts of the nail
- Repeat this process daily for 2-3 weeks or until no more of the infected parts of the nail can be removed
- How to use:
Phase Two: Weeks 4-7
- Clean and dry the affected area thoroughly
- Treat the fungal infection by applying Canesten Bifonazole cream on the nail bed
- Repeat this process daily for 28 days
- How to use:
Presentation: Each pack contains urea ointment, Canesten Bifonazole Anti-fungal Cream, plasters and a scraper.
Precautions: Keep out of reach of children. Use strictly as instructed. Not for use without medical advice if more than 3 nails are infected, if the infection starts at the cuticle or if more than half of the nail is infected. Not for use on children without medical advice. Do not use this product if you are allergic to urea, bifonazole or any of the other ingredients of Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set. If symptoms persist, please contact your doctor.